Monday, 21 September 2015

I love Nogales!

Heey!

I love Nogales! It is super sweet here and really different. This week we had an area of the seventy come and speak to us. It was really interesting what he said. Normally as a missionary you go out and answer every question an investigator has and you investigate, study, and come back with an answer to them. Elder Piper, taught that the best way to help someone change and come unto Christ, is letting them find the answers for themselves. He said when we aren't obedient and are sinning, it is because we don't understand the doctrine because if we did, we wouldn't do that. 
So that afternoon we visited an investigator and taught her the restoration and invited her to read the book of mormon. She told us that she wanted to know where we go when we die, because her son passed away after returning from his mission. So we left her Alma 40 to read and invited her to write down the answers that she found in that chapter and ask God if it was true that her son was there. It was a really spiritual lesson and even I came out with the desire to study more doctrine and find answers. 
Also had to travel to Hermosillo by myself with the Zone Leaders. It felt so weird! But we had this leadership meeting there with E Piper. 

 
Things are good here in my area with my companion. She is really cool and we are a lot alike haha. I am really happy for her because she has no fear contacting on the street. She like starts the conversation ¨Hola como esta¨ and then turns to me because she doesn´t know what to say so I help her out. But its awesome soon she´ll be speaking Spanish all the time!
 
Love you all so much. Keep reading the Book of Mormon please and saying your prayers, its super important. And make sure your doing your visiting teaching and home teaching and really serving and showing you love the families. I know you already do ;)

Love Hermana Blackmore