Monday, 17 August 2015

The Sabbath is not a day for idleness

Heey.

This week crazy things happened. The biggest was that we got special transfers and I am now back in Modelo my very first area I served in. It feels soo weird, going to church everyone was like ¨Hna Blackmore!! Come visit us!!¨ but it was nice that everyone remembered me. And I saw the familia Quintana! I missed them so much I am glad I can see them for a bit. President said it is only for this transfer and then I am out of Hermosillo again. But wow is it ever hot out. Today we climbed this mountain called cerro de la campana that's in the middle of Hermosillo and you overlook the whole city. It is really pretty. But this computer doesn't let me send pictures, sorrry. I also saw mi hija Hna Panohaya and it was quite a reunion.
I was reading an article on the LDS page that talked about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. I like how they compared it to running. They said ¨Like runners, we experience spiritual fatigue. As we follow the Lord´s counsel to take time to be holy each Sabbath day, we will reach peak performance in our lives.¨ For me I feel like at the end of the week I´m in desperate need for it to be Sunday. I need that spiritual renovation and inspiration that we can receive from going to church. I need to feel like I´m at my Peak Performance just as if I was going to the gym haha.
¨The Sabbath is not a day for idleness, but a day set apart for the work of the Lord. As we focus our Sabbath Day observance on the things that matter most--things like deepening our commitment to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, strengthening our relationships with loved ones, and serving others--we become sanctified, or made holy, through the power of the Atonement
Focusing on the things that matter most will bless us. We will become sanctified and made clean if we commit ourselves to following the Lord. What an amazing blessing. 
I love you all. I´ll try and send pictures next week. Take care

Hermana Blackmore