Monday, 10 August 2015

have ye spiritually been born of God?

Hello family,

Wow the emails were very interesting this week haha. I am doing really good. My new companion is Hna Maea and she is from Utah but she comes from Samoa. I don't have any pictures right now of us. Anyways this week we have been working really hard with Irma. She is a great person and really loves the gospel. It was a miracle because she quit smoking :) and we put a baptism date for her on the 22nd. Before she was having difficulties leaving it but we kept teaching the importance on reading the Book of Mormon. And she started reading it more often and we always gave seguimento. Honestly that book is sooo special. It really gives you the desire to change your life and be more Christlike. We were talking with her and her family this week on how our Heavenly Father expects us to give him everything. How as Jeffrey R Holland put it, we have a life of discipleship to devote to Him (something like that) and how Alma nicely put it 
And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts? Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption raised in incorruption to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in this mortal body?
Can we really say that we rely on God with every decision we make in life? And make decisions that help build the kingdom of God here on the earth? That's what I am trying to do. At times I get a little stressed with what choices I have to make. But I don't understand why when its so simple, if it draws me closer to the Lord, then do it. If not, then it is of the devil and it is not of God. 
Well I must say I really enjoyed reading the email of the bench story haha. I miss you all and pray for you. You are the best family in the world.
Love

Hermana Blackmore