Monday, 6 July 2015

I got a little confused a couple of times haha

Heey family,
 
Well this week something awesome happened! Our investigator Irma smoked 9 cigarettes in one day (normally she smokes at least 20) and the next day only 6! We are so excited and happy for her. The Lord really has blessed us. 
Good bye Pte y Hna Hernandez!
 
We also met the new mission President and he is reallly awesome. His name is Pte Robinson and his wife doesn't know any Spanish. So when she talked it was in English and I had to translate to the sister missionaries. I thought it would be easy but I got a little confused a couple of times haha. They are really excited and were taking time to get to know each of us and we are going to do interviews here soon with him.
 
Well the somewhat bigger news... I got surgery this week. I had 2 more ingrown toe nails, one starting to get infected, so the doctor decided to remove the sides of all the nails down to the root and I've had to lay down for a few days with my feet up and only get up to go to the bathroom. But he said I will never get another ingrown toe nail for the rest of my life. YAY.
 
Me and my companion have been reading lots of talks and such and we read this one on Pride and how we should be humble and never think of ourselves better than anyone and other interesting stuff. Its true how pretty much all of the wickedness in the Book of Mormon started with pride. It really can bring us down and distract us from the things that really matter.
I know the gospel is true, I am so grateful that I have this knowledge and that families can be forever.
 
Love you all!
 
Hermana Blackmore