Monday, 20 April 2015

especially the nacatamales and gallo pinto

Hi Family!

Its funny cause Dad always says how there is nothing much new back home and i think to myself that there has to be something new that happened in the last year. But as I write I constantly am thinking of something interesting to tell and I run out of ideas. I know lots happened but my mind goes blank as I type haha.
This week I was reflecting a lot on my mission and the things that have happened to me. Remembering all the times the Lord blessed us and were able to witness miracles and change peoples lives. I felt the urge to contact some of my converts and sent them a text telling them how much I loved them and they replied a few days ago saying: Hi sis, you know you're a member of our family, we thank the lord for the time that we had the honor to share with you, we love you sis, keep up the good work and here's one of my favourite quotes, "The decision to serve a mission will shape the spiritual destiny of the missionary, his or her spouse, and their posterity for generations to come. A desire to serve is a natural ourcome of ones conversion, worthiness, and preparation" -Russell M. Nelson. Remember sis we love you and you will always be part of this family.
I can´t explain the feeling you get as a missionary when you help people come unto Christ. It is something you have to experience for yourself. But I do know that as the scripture says in Doctrine and Covenants, how great shall your joy be if you bring many unto me. I will be overwhelmed with happiness seeing all the people I love, in the Celestial Kingdom with me (if i live worthy) The mission changes lives, and most importantly, it changes you. I have come to realize that as you give your whole heart, talents, mind, everything, to the Lord, he will pour out his blessings upon you and you will be truly converted to the gospel. I love my companion so much, it has been a pleasure for me to be able to train her. She is an excellent missionary with great potential and I am so proud of her. But through everything I teach her, I want her to know that the most important conversion anyone can make, is yourself. And the secret is exact obedience. Not out of obligation, but out of love for the Lord and his work. 

So in my zone is a Nicaraguense! He is the only person from Nicaragua here on the mission and he is from Managua. His name is Elder Torres and his family knows mom's family as well! How cool hey? We were talking about the food there and how awesome it all his, especially the nacatamales and gallo pinto. He definitely has an accent haha, itll be interesting when we Skype and mom talks in Spanish it will be so different! 
Well I love you all and hope you have an excellent week. You're always in my prayers! :)

Hermana Blackmore