Monday, 16 March 2015

I love Hermosillo so much

Heeey,

Awww man I feel so bad for you Bina! The clinic is the worst place to go to, I don't think I've been there so much in my life as I have on the mission. Actually I had to go last week as well because my companion got me sick. I told the doctor I refused shots in my butt haha. And he prescribed me pills and now I feel a lot better. 
Last week was one of the sisters' birthdays and we went over to a member's house and planned a prank on her. The hermano climbed his roof with a bucket of flour and when they came and knocked on the door we heard them scream and he had dumped it on them it was soo funny! We grabbed a few pictures of it.
We also have an investigator who is progressing really well. My testimony has grown a lot on the power of prayer. I know that if we need an answer that God will help us and direct us and guide us if we seek his help. I have also learned that specific prayers are the best. Hna Hernandez (Presidents wife) always tells us to pray as if everything depended on the Lord, and work as if everything depended on us. I love that saying so much because we really are nothing without him. We won't be able to go anywhere. The stories in the scriptures are evidence that depending on our own strength will not give us success. 
I am reading in Mormon right now and I love reading about him. He is probably one of my favourites. I love how faithful he was to the Lord and even though all the Nephites were wicked he became their leader when they went out to battle against the Lamanites. And he never turned wicked like them. What a great example I was imagining how hard it could have been for him to be the only righteous Nephite but he knew what was right. I thought of how probably everyone will have to go through something like that and may feel alone at first defending the Lord and the gospel. But the reward is greater and we will be blessed for it.
Also Hno Montoya, from the Seventy, came and talked in our ward in Pueblitos. And he talked about missionaries! It was one of the best talks I've heard I loved it so much. He talked about service and how we gain more in the end when we serve than the person we are helping. He talked about how before you serve a mission you are sad to say goodbye to your family at the airport and all that. Then at the end of your mission your even sadder to go home. And its because you have grown to love the people that you could do it for the rest of your life. I imagined myself going home as he said that and I felt so sad. As hot as it is here, and smelly, and different, I love Hermosillo so much. I love the people and want to help them as much as I can. This place will always have a special place in my heart.
Well I love you guys soo much! Look forward to your emails and seeing what's new. Take lots of care!!!

Hermana Blackmore