Monday, 29 December 2014

the season is for celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ

Hola que onda!

Well this week was so awesome, I had the privilege of spending Christmas here in Pueblitos and I have to say, I never really understood, or paid attention to the true meaning of Christmas until this year. I can truly tell you that presents and all that stuff doesn´t matter and that the season is for celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.
Something that really made my week is that I found out that one of my investigators from my old area is getting baptized. AND someone took away that dead dog lying in front of our house yaay.
So my companion couldn´t talk to her family the same day I talked to you guys because they weren't online or something, so we went to a member's house the next day and she talked to them with the other hermanas. Well that family wasn´t home and left the keys to their house and told us their bathroom was broken and that if we wanted to use it we had to turn a key outside. Hna Rauch realllly had to go so we turned the key outside and then while she was in the bathroom we heard a big POW and water just streaming! She was yelling ¨shut it off!!!!!¨ I booked it outside and turned it off and we went to check on her and she was soaking wet and I guess she said when she went to flush the toilet the tap behind just flung off and the water was spraying at her face and she was covering it with her hands and the floor was all wet! I was laughing so hard and thank goodness we were able to clean it up and the members never got mad, but a good story hehe. 
This Christmas we ate tamales 3 days in a row. I am soooo sick of them now.
Well family, I want you all to hear some of my testimony again, haha.
I want you to know that I know this church is true, with all of my heart. I know that God lives and that through his son Jesus Christ we can all be saved. There is no greater or more precious gift than the Atonement. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God and that he was a chosen man called to restore the gospel once again on the earth. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of god. I can honestly say that it is 100% true. I know it because I have read it and have felt the Spirit testify to me of its truthfulness. I have heard many times that before you leave on the mission you are convinced the church is true, but on your mission you are converted. There is no way I can live my life without the gospel of Jesus Christ. And I know there are people in Fort St. James whom the Lord is preparing to hear it. I am looking forward to coming home and sharing my testimony with families there, so that they may have that change to experience true happiness and have eternal life. 
I love you all sooo much

Hermana Blackmore