Monday, 10 November 2014

No biggy, I thought it was just an insect bite

Hello Hello!

So this week was super interesting. On Tuesday I woke up with a little puffy eye. No biggy, I thought it was just an insect bite and all day me and Hermana Metler were making a joke out of it. That night I woke up at 2 in the morning and could not sleep! My eye was swollen shut and half my face was just so sore, it was super nice because Hermana Metler stayed up with me all night and just told me stories so I didnt get scared or think about it. In the morning we phoned Hna Leah, (my missionary mom hehe, I love her so much) I talked to her and asked her if she could take me to the hospital, she is the sweetest lady ever she was calling me ¨mija¨ and ¨mi amor¨ and I started crying on the phone explaining everything cause I was a little freaked out, Lolol. She told us to come over right away to get a priesthood blessing and then go to the hospital. So we went to the hospital and there was a lineup at the front desk to sign in and she just marched up to the front and was like ¨ya I got a missionary here who needs someone right away¨ it was so funny and so latina! reminded me of mom.
The doctors here are horrible. They got mad at me that I didn't come in the first day it was puffy, and they just started prescribing me 3 different pills and eye drops and telling me when to take them. Then i was like ¨okay what do I have?¨ and they finally told me i had an eye infection from the air here in Hermosillo, its been a little windy and lifting all the dirt and sand the past few days. But yeah it was quite an adventure, then Hna Leah took us out to eat and gave me sunglasses to wear because it was so embarrassing everyone was staring at my eye!!! and I got special permission to wear it for the rest of the day even though i looked silly with them at night time ahahaha

this is day 1, no biggie right?

lol!!!! my comp took some sneaky pictures, just letting you know we had like no sleep that night and i look terrible ahaha! 

afterwards Hna Leah took us to a salad store to eat! (with my kewl shades)

coolest missionaries around


us in the garden of Eden!! (a garden center, had super cool plants and flowers)

So ya as you can tell we had some fun things happen this last week haha.
Also, I am soooo excited because this weekend Alex is getting baptized! Remember the family me and Hna Lopez reactivated? Familia Quintana (Hna Leah is the grandma of them) Well Alex is getting baptized and his Dad is baptizing him!!! Its going to be super special I am so happy for them. Tonight we are doing a family home evening altogether.
I love this gospel so much. I have been realizing how true it is that the Lord is preparing his children and that it is our responsibility to find them.
We have been teaching Martina and Rodrigo, I can't remember if I mentioned it in my other emails but Rodrigo is progressing so well, he is almost done Reading 1 Nephi and wants to read the entire book of Mormon. He asks for time off work so we can teach him, he is just so dedicated and has such a strong desire to come unto Christ. I actually had a dream about him before I came on the mission. I remember talking to an older guy with a mustache and there was a black door behind him with red curtains and I was a missionary teaching a lesson. Then as we were teaching him I remembered the dream and later told him about it in better details.
I know this is the Church of Jesus Christ. His church. That through his prophet Thomas S Monson he guides and directs it. My testimony grows every week and I am constantly learning new things. I love my mission so much. There is nothing better I could be doing right now than being right here and serving the Lord. There is not an hour that can be wasted, I want to come home pleased with myself, knowing I put my most best effort into my mission. There is nothing better.
I love you all, take care and until next week! :)

Hermana Blackmore