Monday, 20 October 2014

we just got to pull through and wait on him.

Hi everyone!

How are you all doing? This week was super different, adjusting to a new companion. But my compy is really nice. At first I felt a lot of stress on my back because she depended completely on me since she was new to this area and American. But I just relaxed myself and have learned a ton. 
That is so awesome that the Sister Missionaries went over, when I come home I plan on taking them to a lot of my friends houses. Being on the mission made me realize how important it is to share the gospel and whenever we do practice lessons as a district and I pretend to be the member and the missionary asks for names, I do think of people back home that need the gospel. I think it´d be cool to have a whole day planned out where they come over and I go out with them and take them to peoples houses :)
Guess what? Your going to think I´m crazy but when I get home I want to run a marathon. My companion ran one before the mission and got me so excited to do one. It´ll be fun to train for it and possibly do it the summer following. I was thinking if Bina is up for it she should do it with me. Eh? Its cool because Hna Metler loves running, so we get up every morning and go for a run together. 
We were visiting Martina and she just had an operation on her shoulder. She has been going through so many problems and is really open to the gospel. So we opened the lesson with a song and sang How Great Thou Art. I looked up and she was bawling, and said when we finished ¨How did you know?¨ ¨...know what?¨ ¨My brother passed away last week and we sang that song at his funeral¨ She said she felt so much peace throughout the singing and felt like he was in the room comforting her at that time. It was so spiritual and she is such a nice lady. You really grow to love the people in your area. At the end of this transfer I will have been here for 6 months. I know this place like the back of my hand now, all the streets and names of people. Now the APs and Elders in our ward phone me for directions all the time its kind of funny. I am going to be sad to leave that's for sure. I have a lot of memories here and have gotten super close with many of the families. They are all great people. 
One thing I learned this week is patience. To wait on the Lord´s timing and accept His will. I know that the Lord is always aware of us and loves us so much. He is completely perfect and we aren´t. So why do we try to depend on ourselves when the Lord knows best for us? In the moment it may be hard to understand but we just got to pull through and wait on him. Like when the people of Alma were in bondage to Amulon, and Amulon wouldn´t let them pray but they prayed to the Lord in their hearts for help to free them. It doesn´t say in the scriptures ¨And their burdens ceased immediately and Amulon left them alone and departed¨ instead it said that their burdens were made light. They still had to go through the challenge but the Lord was with them every step of the way. I love that chapter so much I have learned lots from it.
Well family know I think about you all the time and pray for you daily. Don´t worry about me everything is fine (except the heat is still a little uncomfortable)  I can´t remember if I told you but I sent you a letter a few weeks ago. Not sure when you will get it because today I just got a letter from Chet and Angela and I think they sent it in July! Anyways you´ll get it sometime in the future haha, take care and love you all soooo much!!!!
Hermana Blackmore

me and my companion Hermana Metler