Monday, 13 October 2014

My mom! Miss her so much!

Hello!

Well its true, another week has gone by, and this week was transfers. Okay so we had transfers today.. My companion, Hermana Lopez left to Rio Sonora to be a Sister Training Leader and I have a gringa for a companion her name is Hermana Metler. She is really nice and loves the gym and sports so we talked a lot about that haha. I feel a little nervous because she is still learning Spanish and doesn´t know the area so I feel a little stress on my back. When I left Hermana Lopez it was so hard we both gave each other big hugs and wished each other the best. She was the best mom ever (trainer) and taught me so much. I will definitely keep in contact with her. 
This week was Stake Conference. It was cool because another hermana named Hna Mesquita came up to me and was like ¨Hey your sister is serving in Peru right?¨ And I was like ¨WHAT, how do you know that?¨ and she said that her best friend is companions with her. Sabrinas trainer. What a small world! They went to high school together. Actually even my trainer Hermana Lopez knows Sabrinas companion because they went to Benimerito together. (LDS High School) How cool is that?
Last week we left the house and I forgot my plaque. I only remembered because an Elder was like ¨Hey Hna Blackmore, where's your plaque?¨ I thought he was joking and didn´t even look down I was just thinking uhuh ya okay. Then my companion was like AHH YOU FORGOT YOUR PLAQUE! Seriously I turned beat red. I was sooo embarrassed. Never felt myself turn redder in my life. I was begging my companion to go home so I can get it again but we were so far and had a lesson in 5 minutes. I was holding a book there the whole time. When I got home I was so relieved to put it back on again. 
Made me think about how in the scriptures it says we must take upon ourselves the name of Christ always. And stand as a witness of God at all times, in all things, and all places. As a missionary I have the privilege of representing Jesus Christ but how sad would it be if we had to face God after this life, with embarrassment because we didn´t do the things we should. We didn´t defend him. Alma describes it like we would want to cover ourselves with the mountains or rocks because of how ashamed we are. 
Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, might, mind and strength. That is the first and greatest commandment because if you love God, you will keep the rest of his commandments. I like how Elder Jeffrey R Holland describes it, The greatest characteristic of love is always loyalty. It is so true. Be completely loyal to the Lord and show you love him.
I love you all and thank you so much for the pictures! As I promised here are mine :)
My mom! Miss her so much!
At general conference waiting for the next session!  
 
Take care, love you all!

Hermana Blackmore