Monday, 27 October 2014

I want you to know that I know the gospel is true

Hi everyone!

How are you all doing? This week was pretty busy. Like you said Dad its interesting adapting to a new companion and learning and changing the methods you use to teach. I like it!
Every Pday we have district meetings and our district leader, Elder Felipe me pregunto si podría hacer la capacitación! It was about como comenzar a enseñar. I was so nervous at first and was happy that it lasted 20 minutes like he asked. It felt short when I planned it but i had ideas coming to my head and scriptures to share with everyone. We also played soccer again outside. YAY.
So it was funny because this week we went to a members house for dinner (another awesome food story to share) and they cooked a hot chili and put cheese inside for us. My companion was saying how she loved spicy food and was all excited to eat it. She took a bite and oh man, she was struggling so bad and kept drinking her water. It was so funny because she was trying to hide it from everyone and I was just laughing at her and watching her face turn red. I definitely won´t forget that. Also one night I was laying on my bed studying and my companion came to see what I was reading and she jumped on my bed and it made a huge noise and one of the legs broke completely off. It was hilarious I couldn´t stop laughing but then wasn´t too funny afterwards because now I have to sleep on an angled bed for a while until it gets fixed (who knows when) I don´t know how bad it is for your back but it hasn´t bothered me too bad. 
Also we went to another members house this last week and she teaches piano, super good. And she started playing modified hymn songs and I just sat there and thought of Grandma the whole time and how beautiful she plays. Then Hna Montoya (the piano player) was like ¨Canta!¨ so I got up and started singing and she played so many pretty songs while I sung, haha it felt like home!
My companion Hna Metler is from Springville Utah, she has been out for almost 9 months now. My mom/trainer went to Villa de Seris as a Sister Training Leader. I talk to her every once in a while because she is super busy all the time. Our ward mission leader works at the gym and gave us an exercise routine to do every morning! I´m pumped to try it out because we have been running every morning and I kinda want to try something new. The Elders and APs told us it was super hard and that they couldn´t finish it, so we´ll see how it goes for us hehe.
I love you all so much. I want you to know that I know the gospel is true. This is the true church of Jesus Christ. Its the only church that has the priesthood authority, or power of God. I know the Book of Mormon blesses families and helps us grow closer to Jesus Christ. Every day I read it I learn something new, it is so hard to put it down. It is my favourite book. I know Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God, and that Joseph Smith was a true prophet as well. I love testifying to everyone and sharing my testimony because I truly feel the Spirit confirm to me again and again that what I am saying is true. There is no other way to true happiness. 
Take care and I´ll see about sending pictures next week!
Love

Hermana Blackmore