Sunday, 13 July 2014

Menudo - hmmmmm good!!!

Hi all!

So I´m smiling right now because we just got out of a members house and she fed us Menudo. Haha I turned to my companion and whispered do we have to eat all of this? She said yes eat it fast it will help! Well the cow stomach is very slimy, if you try chewing it it´s a bit hard so I swallowed all of it whole and with the help of my juice, I finished it before my companion was even halfway done. I felt so bad because she has been very sick the past couple days and she had to eat it as well.
Here is a picture of the famous soup all the missionaries love ;)





​All those big chunks are the pancreas of vacas. 
Me and my companion are a good team. This one hermana fed us soooo much food and our last plate was mashed potatoes!! I was in heaven and Hermana Lopez looked at me and asked me to help her so I ate mine and most of hers ahaha I thought of how much you love potatoes too dad :)
We aren´t allowed to wear hats as missionaries but we are allowed umbrellas. My companion bought one and was all happy and then the wind blew it and broke it hahaha. I wear sunscreen every day to help me with it. Also a rule here is that all the Hermanas have to wear tights. I seriously dread tights and when I come home you will never see me in tights again. Maybe. But they are super itchy and when you sweat it doesn´t help. The area that hermanas can serve in is Peñasco, Caborca, Hermosillo, or Guaymas. Everyone wants to go to Peñasco, apparently its awesome so I hope my last transfer is there. 
People who speak English here too look at my name and say ¨Blackmore, ahhh negromas jajajaja¨ I´ve heard it like 10000x I try and smile and laugh with them but it´s really fading haha.
This week we had interviews with the President and zone conference and tomorrow we have intercambios with the Sister Training Leaders.
Yesterday Omar came to church! We were soooo happy to see him he was like ¨Why are you so happy?¨ and he stayed for all three meetings. That was probably the highlight of my week. He is worried that he is not ready to be baptized and that it is a process when you change and that he needs more time to change things in his life. So we read him Mosiah 27. About how Alma was the son of a prophet and he was rebellious. He tried to destroy the Church. After the angel visited him and he awoke, he was born again. Oh man I love that chapter and how he says that he was so close to being thrown out but through the mercy of the Lord he was forgiven and he nacido del Espíritu. It was so spiritual.
Today we had la junta de districto. Elder Ixcot, the AP talked at the end about having hope and patience. He said his first three months he didn´t baptize anyone and finally they had 8 baptismal dates set. On the same day every person changed their mind and didn´t want to. He said he was so discouraged he told his companion to plan the day by himself because he didn´t want to anymore he didn´t understand why this was happening when he was doing what the Lord wanted. We read in Preach My Gospel about hope and patience and how everything is in the Lord´s time. We have to have faith in him and know that he is aware of us and our doings. My companion gets a little discouraged at times and asks me why I´m still so happy.
Well we are here serving the Lord, what a blessing to be able to do that and to serve his children. I know the Lord is watching us and sees our works. I think of the prophets in the Book of Mormon who were cast out of the city and spit upon. Well we aren´t being spit upon or being thrown out of the city. Also I think about why we are here. Yes our purpose as missionaries is to invitar a las personas a
                                                                                                                              invite all people to
venir a Cristo a ayudarles a que reciben el Evangelio restaurado mediante la fe en Jesucristo y su 
come unto Christ to help them to receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His
expiación, el arrepentimiento, el bautismo, la recepción del don del Espíritu Santo, y 
atonement, repentance, baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost and
el perseverar hasta el fin. But we each have a different reason for choosing to serve and to be here. A 
to endure to the end.
personal reason. Never forget that desire and testimony we had before we came and use that hope to build up the kingdom of God.
Sabrina I trimmed Hermana Lopez´s hair and now all the Hermanas want me to cut theirs as well hehe. 

​This is our apartment and my bed to the right with the horse blanket :)



​Also here is calle Aburto. Me and my companion have had experiences of almost being run over on this street.



Well I love you all. Dad thank you so much for your email I´m definitely going to print it off so I can study it. I love you guys so much the more I´ve been here the more I´ve thought of how grateful I am we are sealed as a family for time and all eternity. How comforting it is to know that. I often bear my testimony of that to people here because they are amazed we leave our families to teach the gospel and I want others to have that same happiness. 
I LOVE YOU!

Hermana Blackmore

PS look I finally saw my name in the song There is Sunshine in My Soul Today :)