Monday, 9 June 2014

MTC

Thanks so much to Karli Hurren and her family for picking me up at the Salt Lake Airport and dropping me off at the MTC the next day!!!!!!!












FAMILY!!!

Everything is going great! I am only in the MTC for 12 days. I leave next Monday to Hermosillo. So I have to be ready at 3:30AM and will be driven to the Salt Lake Airport. So I am going to be calling super early most likely. I fly to Phoenix Arizona and then catch another plane to Mexico. So Dad keep your volume on your cell phone on because I will be calling it :) 

I have 2 companions, Hermana Galbraith is from Rexburg Idaho and going to Mexico City North, Hermana Jones is from Memphis Tennesse going to Oaxica Mexico. I love them. We get along great. No one in my district is going to Hermosillo but somewhere Spanish speaking. I love learning the language. I only speak Spanish and am catching more of it quick. My district is awesome. At the beginning my teacher said that by the end we will be like a family. I thought, yeah right. But really we are. One day we were all so discouraged about different weaknesses and things we were going through, so together we knelt in a circle and one of us said the most humble prayer to the Lord. The Spirit was so strong. Ahhh I just love it here. 
Yesterday I had to fly to Las Vegas at 4:30AM and deal with my visa stuff. I was so nervous because I was going to be alone. I drove to the airport with other missionaries going to their missions in Las Vegas so they were all calling home. The day before we had a devotional by Elder Bednar saying we need to let go of the natural man and be selfless, thinking of others and not of ourselves. Such an inspiring talk wow. So I saw an Elder sitting down looking sad and I went and asked him what was wrong. He said that he couldn't phone home because his calling card wasn't working and left him with no minutes. I was given money for food for the day and gave it to him to call his family, leaving me with nothing but it was so worth it to see him happy and grateful to talk to his family. When I got to Vegas and got off the plane a couple called my name and said they were also getting visas and that they were preparing to be a mission president for the Jalapa Mexico mission. It was so awesome. Brother and Sister Greer were one of the most nicest people I have ever met. I ended up driving with them to the Consolada de Mexico and then spent the day with them. They bought all of my meals as well. I asked them how he was called as the mission president and they were originally serving a mission in Honduras and then were recommended by the Stake President to be one and Elder Dallin H Oaks phoned him and interviewed him. So cool. Also they showed me everything they have to study before they go. It was alot! Sister Greer was feeling so stressed especially because she didn't know the language. Anyways, so glad I was able to stick with them for the trip. We got to the airport early and I was exhausted. I was debating on taking a nap but I decided to study my scriptures instead. I asked the front desk if I could be moved to a window right before I was boarding and he put me in first class. It's amazing the blessings you can receive when you do what the Lord wants you to do and put him first. I have learned so much being here. The Spirit really does dwell in the MTC. Together as missionaries we sang Called to Serve and it was amazing! I've just loved every moment I've had here. 
So when I first got here I struggled with fatigue all the time. Then I got used to the hours of sleep but when I went to Vegas and back it kind of ruined that for me so now I'm trying to stay awake and alert and just get used to the sleep again.
Mom do you mind going to the bank and checking to see if my bank card is frozen? I tried using it at the bookstore but it declined so I'm not sure what happened I just don't know if it froze, maybe tell them that I am here in Utah as well so I can use it please?
I love you all so much! Sabrina I'm so excited for you its going to be a life changing experience (BTW we aren't allowed maxi skirts, I'm getting a seamstress to cut mine) and I keep telling everyone your going on a mission the same time as me haha. Some Elders from Peru say that it is super hot so be ready :)
I can't believe I'll be leaving soon to Hermosillo. I am so excited but sad to say goodbye to my companions. I love them so much. When I went to Vegas by myself and came home we all were just so happy to see eachother again. I am so sad that this computer won't let me send you pictures, hopefully the computer next week will and I'll send you some. I love you all so much! 

Hermana Blackmore